The Kane County Corn Growers Association invites you to participate in our 30th annual corn hybrid plot. The plot will be located at our permanent location at the corner of Route 47 and Beith Road, about 1½ miles north of Elburn.
Due to the overwhelming positive feedback on the 2014 plot, we are continuing to invest in randomized, replicated plots. As a reminder, we are working with an independent contractor to plant and harvest the plots. This will differ from a ‘side by side’ plot in the following ways:
- Two, 40 foot long replications will be done for each hybrid in both the corn on corn and first year corn plots.
- The placement of each hybrid will be randomly selected.
- Each hybrid will be planted in four rows.
- The published results will be an average of the replications on the corn on corn plot, and a separate average of the replications on the first year corn plot.
- Please refer to the enclosed rules and entry form for more details.
The entry fees this year will be $125 for 1 hybrid, with a limit of three hybrids per company ($375 if three hybrids are submitted). Please note that each hybrid will be planted two times in the corn on corn plot, and two times in the 1st year corn plot. Plot space is limited to 50 total hybrids – submissions will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
Checks should be made out to the Kane County Corn Growers. The entry form and fee must be received by March 20th at:
Kane County Corn Growers Association
P.O. Box 781
Elburn, IL 60119
March 28th is also the deadline for delivery of seed to Elburn Coop at:
202 West North St
Elburn, IL 60119.
Also, please make any necessary changes to your contact information on the plot entry form.
If you have any questions, please contact Dale Pitstick, Plot Chairman, at 630-816-0223, Pitstickds@aol.com or Jeff Keifer, KCCG President, 630-669-9022, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your support of the Kane County Corn Growers,